Last updated: Jan. 15, 2019
This policy was written to the best of our ability at the current stage of product development. It is subject to change at any time, and we will notify you about major changes via email.
- What this policy covers
- What does this policy not cover?
- What information do you collect about me?
- How will you use the data you collected about me?
- Do you share my information with other organizations?
- How long will you keep my information?
- Who can I get in touch with if I want to access the data?
- How do I opt out of data collection?
What this policy covers
This policy covers the data sc10n (“we”) collect about you (“user”), what we do with it, why we collect it, and how you can access it.
What does this policy not cover?
This policy does not cover what third party services we use do with your data. However, we can be completely transparent about these third-party services and link you to their privacy policies. We employ the services of trusted companies to handle transactions and actions that are outside the expertise of the team at sc10n. Examples of third-party services we use and the reasons are:
What information do you collect about me?
Information you provide us
- Account information: When you sign up, you provide us with your name and email address.
- Bookmarks: You may sync any historical and any new bookmarks from various browsers leveraging sc10n’s browser extension.
- Billing details: You may provide us with your billing details. This information never goes through our server and we do not store it; we send this directly and securely to a trusted third-party service listed above to process the data for us.
Information collected via technology
- Bookmarks Information: When you install and authorize sc10n’s browser extension, we are able to read all current bookmarks (url, title and date added) on the browser. sc10n does not modify any existing or future bookmarks in your browser.
- Usage Data: As you use sc10n, we have analytics engines running which will collect information about how you are using the site and information about your device, browser, and IP address. We do not send any personal identifiable information to these analytics engine, meaning they will not be able to connect your data to your name or email address.
- Tracking Pixels: We will periodically send you emails as you engage with our product. These emails contain a tracking pixel which will let us know if you have opened the email. We use this information to analyze how our users are responding to our communication efforts and to ultimately improve the service for you.
How will you use the data you collected about me?
In general, we collect information about you in order to operate our product and provide you the services outlined throughout the site. Most notably, the bookmarks data we collect from you, is used to provide you with more information about your bookmarks and to help you better organize and better leverage these bookmarks. This includes, but is not limited to:
- analyzing your bookmarks to figure out which categories they might belong to,
- obtaining and populating more metadata for each bookmark,
- suggest other links that might be of relevance and interest,
- send notifications and reminders based on intent,
- list out your bookmarks and any user generated bookmarks lists, and
- sending email invitations to people with whom you wish to share with.
We may also use your personal data to:
- debug or make improvements to the service,
- corroborate your usage details with other users in order to analyze general trends and habits of users for determining ways to continuously improve the product,
- provide customer service if you report a bug or issue, and
- send you relevant information, such as confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages
Do you share my information with other organizations? Who else can see how I’ve been using sc10n?
We share selected information with the third-party services listed above, and strictly only for the necessary operations of the service.
How long will you keep my information?
We will keep your information until you explicitly tell us to remove everything we collected about you. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
Who can I get in touch with if I want to access the data?
You can access your financial data by using the product. If you would like an export of all the data we have on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I opt out of data collection?
We are committed to ensuring that all the data we collect about you is stored securely and is necessary to provide you with quality services. When you install and use the browser extension with us, we do not collect more information than we need. Unfortunately, we cannot allow users to opt out of data collection other than the collection of bookmarks. To opt out of the collection of bookmarks information, do not leverage the browser extension.